Consultant Dermatologist - Dover, UK
HCL Permanent, one of the UK’s largest providers of healthcare recruitment, is looking for experienced Doctors specializing in Dermatology to work in Newly Opened Clinics in Dover.
The Consultant Dermatologist will undertake dermatological diagnostic and surgical procedures as well as autonomous prescribing for patients in a community clinic.
The Consultant Dermatologist will report to the Operations Manager and the Clinical Manager, and is responsible for delivery and supervision of all aspects of the dermatology service, in line with agreed aims and objectives. The Consultant Dermatologist will drive best practice in overall patient care, efficiency, performance against service level KPIs, staff mentoring, liaison with external agents and suppliers and the wider community.
The Consultant Dermatologist will actively seek ways of reducing outgoings by new ways of working and motivating all the staff to deliver maximum efficiency.
- Provide a comprehensive and systematic assessment of the patient to include lifestyle impact
- In partnership with the patient, and where appropriate the provider, agree a treatment plan in accordance with the diagnosis and prognosis of the condition
- Undertake 90% of procedures on the day of appointment as "see and treat"
- Support the ability of patients to self-manage through education and assist patients and their careers on their conditions and offer advice on management of daily activities, preventative measures, equipment and health promotion
- Ensure that the patient is fully aware of procedure and treatment options and associated risks to facilitate informed consent
- Ensure that the patient is provided with the relevant information to allow informed choice and awareness of their condition and management. This must include details for support groups
- Work with the company to provide written communication to the referring GP within 2 days of patients appointment
- Work with the company to achieve a 1 :1:4 ratio of new to follow up appointments
- Support the delivery a phased adult protection training plan for staff
- Provide access for locality GPs to attend clinical sessions as part of their training programme
- Support the development of training plan and web based information
- Support post graduate education of all health care professionals
- On completion of treatment produce a comprehensive final report which includes diagnosis, management and recommendations which will be sent to the referring GP within a maximum 5 working days of completion of treatment. 90% of reports should be communicated within 2 working days
- External Liaison
- To maintain good working relationships with the local NHS commissioners and neighboring practices
- To keep informal links with key NHS commissioner staff to maximise benefits to the practice
- To attend NHS commissioner meetings as necessary
- To maintain good links with the local Acute Trusts, Statutory and Voluntary Organisations, and the GKT Department of General Practice
- To establish and maintain close contacts with other practice managers including the Practice Managers’ Forum
- To attend local commissioning group meetings and ensure that messages are communicated back appropriately and in a timely fashion to the practice team.
- Personal Development
- To participate in own yearly appraisal with line manager
- To assess own educational/training needs and explore all opportunities for maintaining and updating own professional knowledge and skills
- To access the Mentoring Programme as necessary
- UK Full and Specialist GMC Registration , work experience as a Consultant Dermatologist
- Excellent English
- Must have Patient Focus and flexible approach
- The post holder will start working on a self-employed basis
- Salary is up to £1000 per day
- Must have professional indemnity
- Must have clear CRB/ Police Check
- UK experience is an added advantage
Call now to discuss this role on 0044(0)207 451 0980, alternatively email us on firstname.lastname@example.org; please quote Reference: JB-DOVER