Job title: Underwriter
Contract type: Permanent
Employer: Randstad AB
Closing date: Snarast
Together with its customers and sales partners, Allianz is one of the strongest financial communities with a presence in over 70 countries.
Around 83 million private and corporate customers rely on Allianz's knowledge, global reach, capital strength and solidity to help them make the most of financial opportunities and to avoid and safeguard themselves against risks. Our ambition is to be the partner of choice - with excellent employees, top-notch operating performance and the necessary financial strength. Join us to be part of our community! Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz center for corporate and specialist risk, servicing clients worldwide across the whole spectrum of marine, aviation, corporate and industrial insurance.
AGCS is dedicated to offering its employees an environment open for learning and development and hosts its own Underwriting Academy to drive continued excellence in underwriting and to better understand and serve our clients’ needs.
At Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty we have built a team and a culture that are as innovative as our products, and we continue to grow because we help our employees to do the same. We believe that work should be rewarding, and that good work should be rewarded. We offer opportunity, and expect excellence. And we do this all with high ethical standards and a commitment to our community. If you are ready to grow, and if you want to be rewarded, Allianz Global Corporate Specialty is the place for you. Everyone is welcome to apply, regardless of gender, national origin, ethnicity or possible disability.
Effectively and profitable underwrite, market, sell and promote all Liabilities Group products. Responsible for the profitable underwriting of new business production and renewal retention of Casualty products for assigned territory developed through Brokers, Ceding Companies and Market Managers.
- Maintain the Casualty Underwriting Guidelines that adhere to all corporate and support the strategy and profit goals of the company
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual assigned profit and production budgets for Sweden
- Conduct annual reviews of underwriting files to certify all risks have been appropriately underwritten to AGCS standards
- Monitor casualty pricing and performance for the department
- Ensure that all casualty pricing tools are being used correctly and that all casualty quotes, binders and policies are issued in accordance with regulatory and corporate policies
- Serves as a technical resource for the Sweden office to improve accuracy and effectiveness of the casualty underwriting process
- Develops, motivates and educates Market Managers in Sweden and monitors and reports on the success or failure of a Market Managers
- Maintains an acceptable balance between potentially conflicting sales goals and profit
Communication and Working Relationships:
- Collaborates with other peers within the Stockholm & Copenhagen offices
- Develops strong interpersonal relationships with assigned countries and their employees
- Establish key external contacts within region for the purpose of the advancement of AGCS products and services
Key Dimensions and Related Job Results:
-Responsible for meeting the annual budget (GPW/NPW, Combined Ratio & P&L)
- Willingness to travel throughout assigned Sweden, if required to make broker & client presentations
- Makes regular visits to Brokers and Ceding Companies
- Demonstrate a historical employment track record of profitable growth thru the development and execution of production strategies
- Demonstrate business management skills in planning, organizational ability, decision-making
- Proven ability to develop and manage successful producer relationships
- Integrity, image, communication skills, interpersonal skills at an established high professional level
Your personal qualities:
Qualifications and Education: Minimum of bachelors’ degree in business, marketing, communications or a related subject
Experience: Five to seven years of casualty underwriting & field territory management experience related to the insurance industry
Training: Has completed Assertiveness training and Negotiations skills training or the equivalent in business experience
Knowledge: Has a thorough knowledge of the Property & Casualty industry. Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook
Randstad has more than 600,000 employees in more than 40 countries, making it the second largest recruiting and staffing company in the world. Randstad’s philosophy can be summarised with the words “good to know you”, which expresses our availability, our willingness to listen and our commitment to good collaboration at every stage.
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis. You are welcome to send us your application already today.
For more information:
är världens näst största HR-service företag och arbetar med bemanning och rekrytering. Vi är nu representerade i över 40 länder, med över en halv miljon medarbetare på uppdrag hos våra kunder varje dag.
På Randstad i Sverige har vi specialiserat oss på att hjälpa företag att rekrytera och hyra in kompetent personal inom Administration, Kontor, Ekonomi, IT, Callcenter, Sälj och Marknad samt Produktion och Lager.
Med medarbetare i Stockholm, Göteborg, Södertälje, Västerås, Uppsala, och Malmö är vi i dag ett av Sveriges ledande bemannings- och rekryteringsföretag, samtidigt som vi har det lilla företagets sätt att arbeta där en nära och personlig relation till dig som kund är viktig för oss.