Job title: Contracts Administrator
Contract type: Contract
Percentage: Full time
Location: North of England
Closing date: ASAP
To represent our client in a Subcontractor s office in the North of England. Currently scheduled to start in September 2015 and last until March 2016 with possible extension
* Assist Project / Site Teams in the management of Contracts: in compliance with procedures and guidelines.
* Ensure proper Contract Management & Administration Organisation is set and perform the Contract Administrator activities for the project.
* Full responsibility of contract administration right from post kick-off meeting / contract hand-over from procurement department through to close-out of the contracts
Key Responsibility Areas – Contracts Administrator:
* Provide general contractual / commercial assistance for the Project Manager, Work Pack Manager and project team members.
* Prepare, manage, follow through the internal process, issue variations and amendments to the contracts.
* Manage and follow through all payment milestones claimed by contractor,
* Prepare contractual correspondence and keep log of all correspondence in assigned work packages.
* Ability to manage auxiliary contract documents such as insurance, project execution plan, interim, provisional and final acceptance certificates.
* Participate and contribute in weekly, monthly, quarterly meetings (both internal and with contractors).
* Maintain update records of correspondence and all logs for payment correspondence, variation, amendment, insurance
* Provide necessary assistance in contractual negotiation and dispute resolution. Liaise with Procurement and / or Legal Department With reference to significant Contractual / Commercial issues.
* Liaise with Project Teams to anticipate changes and together with Cost and Planning provide Senior Management with advance notice of potential Trends
* Ensure compliance with relevant procedures and processes.
* Assist and support contract compliance review and audit activities (if and when applicable) and ensure implementation of audit report recommendations by the teams involved
* Provide feedback on lessons learnt from Contract Administration activities
Candidate Specifications – Contracts Administrator:
* Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or Engineering Discipline or supply chain management
* Good demonstrable experience as a Contract Engineer, Contract Administrator involved in the preparation. negotiation and administration of a broad range of contracts with the attendant knowledge and experience of commercial insurance and legal issues is essential
* Good working knowledge of contract law
* Experience in working directly with major oil and gas companies
* Mathematical ability to perform estimates of final costs, delivery dates, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Thorough knowledge of contract management and particularly earned value progress measurement, risk, and opportunity management.
* Ability to effectively present information to top management, project group.
* Advanced computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics etc
* Ability to handle multiple contracts simultaneously.
* Be proactive, a self starter and ability to work without supervision.
* Systematic thinker and good organisational skills/time management.
For further information and a job description please contact
Our experience in successfully placing people has taken us from dealing with those looking for their first career change, through positions of higher responsibility and up to senior executive level as well as catering for those who prefer to work on an assignment-to-assignment (contract) basis. Although certain things change when conducting assorted assignments, one principle remains the same and that is that we communicate and understand what it is that you're looking to achieve.
We endeavour to offer our services to a broad spectrum of clients within defined market places - the oil & gas, power & energy, marine and associated industries - with a view to offering you a comprehensive range of opportunities to consider. By talking to us, you can start to shape your future and be assured that everything we do will contribute positively towards that.